Memorial Day 2017

Its a beautiful Monday Morning, Yes it Memorial day. A day we remember the fallen soldiers that fought and lost there lives for this country. I hear so many people talk about memorial day and I think to myself these people do not know the true meaning of today. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with having a bbq or a block party, but lets have it for the correct reason. Most people think today is to celebrate those who are serving or who have served. Don't get me wrong I come from a long line of vets my husband being one and our oldest daughter who is leaving shortly for basic training. I personally thank every soldier, vet and future soldier daily. But today is a day to remember those that have lost there life to protect us. We all hang our American flags proudly, but for most people they don't know the proper etiquette for memorial day. the flag should be raised then lowered to half staff and remain that way until 12. then raised back to full staff. also at 3pm there is a moment of silence to remember the fallen. Its time we stop what we are doing just for a moment to pay respect to those that have lost there life so that we can live ours..


Memorial day
Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service of the United States of America

Comments

Popular Posts